Wednesday 27 April 2011

Waste not, want not

When there are so many people starving around the world I HATE wasting food.. grrr.. so when i discovered some eggs on the verge of chuck away material in my fridge tonight, with erin already having planned a beautiful vegetable stir fry with brown rice for dinner, i used them in my hair and on my face instead.
Helpful hint: If you want to know if your eggs are out of date fill up a tall glass of water and drop the egg in - if it floats chuck it, if it sinks your safe.

Hair Mask

I -
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 2 tbsp of olive oil
  • 1 tsp honey
M -

Whisk all this together, put it through your hair, cover with a shower cap or cling wrap for half an hour, then wash as per usual.  It leaves your hair feeling really nourished and gives it a nice healthy shine.  
NOTE:  For long/thick hair i'd recommend doubling the ingredients

Face Mask 

I -
  • 1 egg white
M - 

Whisk it up, put it on your face, wait until its dry and hard, rinse with warm water.
NOTE:  This was totally awesome, my face felt amazing afterwards, if you dont like the smell of egg this one's probably not for you was pretty intense - and id cleanse your face before applying the egg as it works to reduce pore size and tightens your skin.

Beautiful.

No comments: